Broccoli Spinach Soup: A Heavenly Delight for Keto Dieters and Broccoli Lovers


This funny ai-generated picture shows how sometimes following a keto diet can be tough when you're craving something "forbidden," like potatoes. The picture was originally supposed to show Popeye eating spinach, but this is almost exactly what I asked for😂

Many people have fond childhood memories of Popeye the Sailor Man and his love for spinach. The cartoon character's strength and vitality after consuming a can of spinach left a lasting impression on viewers, often encouraging them to try the leafy green vegetable themselves. Spinach soup is my absolute favorite, but my husband can't stand it. So, I usually enjoy it when he's not at home eating with me.

I used to hate broccoli, but I gave it another chance and ended up falling in love with its taste. Now I eat it often as a side dish with meat, as it's a great substitute for potatoes. Finns are big potato consumers, but as someone following a keto diet, potatoes are off my plate.


I saw a video on social media about a cheesy broccoli spinach soup and decided to give it a try. It was incredibly delicious! The soup is also very keto-friendly, with a nearly optimal macro ratio.

In the video I found the recipe from, the broccoli spinach soup was made with fresh broccoli and spinach, and cheddar cheese. The soup was simmered on low heat for 2 hours. Well, I made a quick version of this. Except for the onion, all the other vegetables were frozen. We happened to have some inexpensive cream cheese in the fridge, so I grated that into the soup.







Comments